- About how we use your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide us when you purchase a product or service from us, sign up to our communications or take part in our competitions.
- About your privacy rights and
- How the law protects you.
2. About us
We, Lycamobile UK Limited, operate in the UK. We provide electronic communication services including national and international calls, texts and data to customers. When we say, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy, we are referring to the relevant Lyca Mobile entity responsible for processing your data.
3. What data do we collect about you?
Personal Data is any information about you from which you can be identified. It does not include data where your identity has been removed (it’s called anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes your first name, last name, date of birth, language
- Contact Data includes your email address, contact number, full address
- Financial Data includes your bank account and payment card details (where you choose to purchase products from us and make a payment directly to us, such as on our website)
- Billing Data includes your details about payments about the products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform you use to access our website
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases made by you, your interests, and preferences
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services, top up records, call data records which include traffic data and location data
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and other Lyca entities (as chosen and consented to) and your communication preferences
- Customer Care Data includes your feedback to us, survey responses and voice mail recordings when you contact us
Where we need to collect personal data by law and you fail to provide that data when requested including updating data records or verifying the data, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services. We may also have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
4. How do we collect your personal data?
We use different methods to collect data from you and about you through:
Indirect interactions via our independent distributors, wholesalers, and retailers.
Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
Your personal data is collected when you do the following:
- Purchase our products or services;
- Create an account on our website;
- Subscribe to our services or communications;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- Give us some feedback.
- Download our app.
5. Sim card registration criteria
To use the Services, you must first activate your SIM Card, and to ensure that the SIM Card is working properly, you must also make a call, send an SMS and/ or use the data services in your Home Country (which is identified by the country code of your mobile number). Please ensure you have sufficient credit on your Account prior to use.
6. How do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to, most commonly, in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the terms and conditions we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are, where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
|PURPOSE||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity
|Performance of terms and conditions with you and where applicable, as required by law|
|To supply products and services to you including:
Managing payments Collecting money owed to us
(a) Performance of terms and conditions with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover sums owed to us)
|To manage our relationship with you and administer your account which will include:
• Detecting and preventing crime and fraud
• Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
• Manage any concerns that you raise to our customer care department
• Quality assurance and monitoring purposes
|(a) Identity (b) Contact
(d) Marketing and Communications
(e) Customer Care
|(a) Performance of terms and conditions with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To enable you to participate in a competition or complete a survey (non-promotional)||(a) Identity
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of terms and conditions with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)
|To market products and services to you
To complete a survey (promotional)
(c) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Legitimate interest to process marketing data (to grow our business) and consent for sending electronic marketing communications for new customers or reliance on existing customer relationship to send electronic marketing communications communications for new customers or reliance on existing customer relationship to send electronic marketing communications|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop Lyca Mobile products/services and grow our business)|
You will receive marketing communications from us either if you have consented to receive them or you have purchased products or services from Lyca Mobile, and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You will also receive marketing communications from other Lyca entities if you have consented to receive such communications on their Lyca products or services.
7. How can you manage your marketing preferences?
If you have any questions or like to know more about Lyca Mobile, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Lyca Mobile has a multilingual team that operates from 9 am to 6 pm Monday to Saturday.
To contact Customer Services:
- Dial 322 from Lyca Mobile Charges: £0.09 per call
- You can also dial 0207 132 0322 from another network phone or +44 207 132 0322 from abroad. Charges: Call charges may vary depending upon network operators.
- Fill out the form below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also Contact our Customer Services Department to let us know whether you’re happy to hear from us by email, text, or telephone.
Were you to opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase or other purposes.
8. To whom do we disclose your personal data?
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out:
- Other Lyca affiliated entities under common control (hereinafter “Lyca entities”) who provide ancillary services such as call centre support for the fulfilment of your orders and clarification of any of your queries.
- Other Lyca entities where you have chosen to receive marketing communications from them on Lyca products and services other than Lycamobile.
- External third parties who provide IT technical support services, data centre services and call centre support.
- Regulators and judicial authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Where applicable, we require all external third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions
9. where is your data transferred to?
Some of our service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that the following safeguard is implemented so that there is no detriment to you.
Specifically, Lycamobile uses call centres operated by an associated company and they are based in Morocco and Philippines.
Lycamobile uses a technical services provider which is based in India.
We use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
We will take steps to ensure your privacy rights are at least as compliant with the requirements of EU law, including requiring appropriate security measures from such third parties, set out in a contract between us, to protect your personal data.
Please contact the dedicated protection helpline if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
10. How secure do we keep your personal data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those staff members or other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a strict duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable supervisory authority of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
11. How long do we retain your personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our Data Retention Policy which you can request from us by Contacting our Customer Services Department.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case, we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
12. What are your privacy rights?
Subject to certain conditions under data protection laws where applicable, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to obtain information about your processed data and right to have access to your personal data.
- Right to correct your personal data – This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Right to ask us to delete your personal data.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Right to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data.
- Right to transfer your personal data -This enables you to ask us to transfer your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
Note, however, that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data.
You can also inform us of your wishes regarding the storage, deletion and communication of your personal data to a third party upon your death. For this purpose, please email us at email@example.com.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
13. How to contact us?
You may contact our Customer Services Department on 0207 132 0322 from any Lyca Mobile Account or +44 207 132 0322 from another telephone.
You may also e-mail the Customer Services Department at email@example.com or by completing the online enquiry form at https://www.lycamobile.co.uk/en/contact-us.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant data protection supervisory authority.
We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns first before you approach the supervisory authority, so please do contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the policy
14. Children's privacy ?
Our website, app and services are not aimed at children. We do not target, intend to collect or knowingly collect or otherwise process information from anyone under the age of 15.
If you are under the age of 15, we request that you do not provide us with your information and do not use our website and app.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 15, please contact us if you are aware that your child has used our website or app or otherwise provided their information to us without your consent. We will delete or otherwise cease processing your child’s personal information within a reasonable time to make sure that we do not contact you in the future.